Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crisis in Libya


Ref: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/world/middleeast/us-envoy-to-libya-is-reported-killed.html?pagewanted=all

Today I write to you with a very heavy heart. I am very, very concerned about the recent developments in Libya. It is extremely worrisome to me the level of violence the Islamic fanatics have utilized in carrying this attack. While the attacks were not justified in any sense, I am deeply struck by the fact that the Ambassador was assassinated. Why would the ambassador need to be killed? What threat was he posing?

I am also worried at the level of planning this attack took. Clearly the attack was staged for 9/11. The other attacks that were orchestrated yesterday are clearly not coincidental. I am afraid that these fanatics won't stop and will continue to commit these acts of terror instilling fear among our global society. These Islamic fanatics further perpetuate the stereotype that Islamics are terrorists. As we know this statement is not representative of an entire group.

On another note...Romney...really how low will you stoop? You now twist this tragedy into a campaign strategy to attack Obama. Romney, raise the level of discourse. Your comments are insensitive and frankly in very bad taste.

My thoughts and prayers to those individuals and families impacted by these attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment